News: 2009 Archived News Items
Solicitation for Nominations of Officers/Directors for ITS Midwest
Source: ITS Midwest - Jul. 15, 2009 | PDF version [ PDF, 52KB]
Our future depends on the vision, leadership, and effectiveness of our Officers and Directors. Now is the time to get involved and help us tackle the challenges ahead.
We're looking for representatives from our ITS Midwest membership to serve as Officers and Directors. We need committed, energetic and effective individuals to participate in shaping our future.
Officer positions up for election this year at our Annual meeting on October 7 & 8 in Indianapolis are:
- Secretary/President-elect: 2 year term for each office. Under ITS Midwest's By-laws current Secretary Karen George will assume the Presidency in 2010.
- VP Indiana: 2 year term (currently Meggan Simpson)
- VP Kentucky: 2 year term (currently Scott Evans)
In addition, the terms of all eight Directors expire every year, so 2 Directors are needed from each of the four states to serve a 1 year term on the Board. Historically, each Directors serves as a co-chair for one of the standing committees.
Not up for election this year are VPs Provost (Illinois) and Gray (Ohio) and Treasurer Glassman, who will remain in office for another year.
The opportunity has never been greater for transportation technologies to meet our significant national challenges. Transportation accounts for 70% of oil use. By making transportation work better and smarter, ITS helps America save energy, save the environment, and reduce our dependency on foreign oil.
ITS Midwest is uniquely positioned to promote the use of ITS and shape policies that will realize the full benefits of our technologies and services. With enormous investments being made to improve our infrastructure and adopt strategies to improve our energy efficiency, as well as keep the traveling public safe and secure, there will be many added opportunities ahead for our member organizations.
How to Respond:
- Please email () or call (630-252-5455) if you are personally interested in a position, or if would like to make a recommendation of a strong candidate in a member organization to the Nominations Committee.
- Nominees should include a 1-2 paragraph summary of their background and goals for the organization.
- PLEASE RESPOND BY AUGUST 1st.
Information about the work of our Board and Officers is described in the Strategic Plan [ PDF, 561KB].
If you have any questions about the elections, positions, or eligibility, please contact: Tom Ewing (Nominations Committee chairman), 630-252-5455, .
- ITS Midwest 2009 Annual Meeting - in this web site
- Strategic Plan [ PDF, 561KB]
- PDF version of this page [ PDF, 52KB]